Saturday, July 10, 2010

Ireland - Summer 2010

This is a strange way to start a blog entitled "VideoDetroit," but that's the way things go. KS and I spent two weeks in Ireland, mostly Donegal, from where one line of her family emigrated. Photography doesn't come natural to me. I think about things, talk about them, or write about them, but seeing them and recording images is very odd to me. During this trip I often would leave the camera in our room or simply forget to use it for long periods of time. I spent a long time wandering around Dublin in the steps of the 1916 Uprising. I didn't take a single picture. Like I said, I think in words, not pictures.

I also shot some short video pieces with the Flip Mino HD I use in class. I'll also post those.

So here they are. I'll make a separate post for each topic.

One last thought: the Nikon Coolpix is not made for landscapes. I need a better camera if I'm going to serious about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment